Saturday

Six-Week Period...

...is over! NO MORE COACHES!! You're free from the tyranny! ;) At least I hope so.

We have come a long way in the last 36 days of running. I know that during this time you have done things that you've never done (or even thought you could do) either in running or because of running: most consecutive days of running(6 or more), longest run, longest run without stopping, noticing something in your legs that resemble a "new" muscle, losing weight, getting to the school campus before sunrise, having fun, getting faster, feeling like you're in shape, etc...

Tomorrow I will post the WEEK AT A GLANCE as I usually do on Sundays. I will let you know about slight changes to our practice meeting times (w/o coaches), about the upcoming races on Wednesday and Thursday, the daily maps of your runs, and other information that will help your general fitness regimen.

Coach Thatcher and I will also post the Varsity List of those who will be going to the camp in Idylwild. If you're on that list and cannot make it to the camp, it's important you let us know as soon as possible so we can free up a spot. I wish we could take everyone, but our space is limited. I will post the itinerary and time line for the camp toward the end of this week.

A special "Happy Birthday" wish goes out to Sean and also a big thanks for to his folks for bringing the tasty donuts! Yummy!

Great job and congratulations to everyone thus far...So many of you have shown a huge amount of dedication and awesome team spirit! Let's keep it up as the next 3 weeks will be a true test of your overall commitment to the cross country season.

I leave you now with this video I found today. I hope you'll find it somewhat interesting if not inspirational. I think it fits well with today's distance run. I really had fun running with Sean S., Johnny, Aayush, Brendan, Alex, Adam, and Sean L.

Video Background

These two videos show actual footage of the 1964 Tokyo Olympic Men's Marathon. It's a pretty dramatic piece both from an historical perspective in running but also from a artistic/film perspective. It's the first Olympics to be televised in color and was directed by the famous Japanese director, Kon Ichikawa..."the film was an artistic expression of the humanity of the Games rather than a straightforward documentary chronicling the results."

I'm installing parts 2 and 3 in order. Please view them this way and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment