If you ran smart today, meaning slowly, you will be ready for the long one tomorrow. For the varsity boys, you will want to run this together at an easy pace.
By the way:
Some of you, STILL, aren't aware of what group (Varsity Boys, VG, JV B, JV G...100, 90, 80, 70 percent) to run with, or at which distance you should be running. Those numbers above refer to the percent of the described distance (indicated on the map). Also, you're right, the map can be difficult to read, as some of you have mentioned. (Incidentally, if the map doesn't load right, you just need to refresh the page. Have patience; it will work if you let it.) So, if you are trying to figure out the route 10 minutes (conservative estimate...probably way shorter than that!) before you come to practice, then you're right! I wouldn't have much success figuring out the run either in that short of time. Do you like getting lost? Please, spend more time getting the details of your run. Set it up with your partners, or a group, to figure this out together. One of you could even print out the map and carry it with you as a back up. It's not that hard, folks! Gosh, I remember back in the day, as a young freshman, I got lost nearly everyday! I kid you not. I never complained about it, but eventually I ran faster to stay up with the older guys so I wouldn't get lost. I am aware these are different times--better times, in fact. Let's use the technology we have today to our advantage--you don't have to get lost. Heck, that's why I'm helping you out by letting you know (a day in advance) what you'll be running. Let's try to own up to your end of the bargain by coming prepared to practice, and ON TIME!!
WE ARE MEETING AT THE POOL!
THE MAP!
Results of the 1st race of the College of the Canyon Series. I hope to take some of you out there for race #2, this Thursday. See link. I have to go back there since a 40-year-old beat me. Anyone care to pace me? :)
By the way:
Some of you, STILL, aren't aware of what group (Varsity Boys, VG, JV B, JV G...100, 90, 80, 70 percent) to run with, or at which distance you should be running. Those numbers above refer to the percent of the described distance (indicated on the map). Also, you're right, the map can be difficult to read, as some of you have mentioned. (Incidentally, if the map doesn't load right, you just need to refresh the page. Have patience; it will work if you let it.) So, if you are trying to figure out the route 10 minutes (conservative estimate...probably way shorter than that!) before you come to practice, then you're right! I wouldn't have much success figuring out the run either in that short of time. Do you like getting lost? Please, spend more time getting the details of your run. Set it up with your partners, or a group, to figure this out together. One of you could even print out the map and carry it with you as a back up. It's not that hard, folks! Gosh, I remember back in the day, as a young freshman, I got lost nearly everyday! I kid you not. I never complained about it, but eventually I ran faster to stay up with the older guys so I wouldn't get lost. I am aware these are different times--better times, in fact. Let's use the technology we have today to our advantage--you don't have to get lost. Heck, that's why I'm helping you out by letting you know (a day in advance) what you'll be running. Let's try to own up to your end of the bargain by coming prepared to practice, and ON TIME!!
WE ARE MEETING AT THE POOL!
THE MAP!
Results of the 1st race of the College of the Canyon Series. I hope to take some of you out there for race #2, this Thursday. See link. I have to go back there since a 40-year-old beat me. Anyone care to pace me? :)
I would love to come out, kick on those old shoes, and lead us to victory.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletespecifically my own
ReplyDelete