Wednesday

Pat Logan


1936-2008




Last Monday, Coach Pat died doing what he loved--running. I will never forget the man and what he did for our sport. I already miss you, coach!

Please go to the link and learn about some of La Cañada's rich history in cross country that was started by this unique and passionate person.

5 comments:

  1. That was a great article. Is this from you coach -

    A State Track Champ for Logan:
    “Logan was an intense individual who hated to lose when I ran under him. Now thirty years later, I guess I can relate to his passion (and not taking defeat very easily) as my own runners got smoked the other day (in our meet).”


    - Are you still mad at us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, that's my quote..."getting smoked" reflects an emotion that i felt at the time i was asked about it. and yes, we got beat badly! however, it absolutely does not reflect how i feel about you, our team and our season. letting you know how i feel about that comes later during the awards banquet.

    by the way, i spoke to each and every one of you after your race and told most of you that you ran well. did we all run well? i think you know the answer to that...are we failures? of course not!! does not making cif finals hurt? absolutely it does!!! but one race does not define a season! again, the review of this comes on december 2nd...

    for the record,
    i've never been mad at any one of you because of how you ran...disappointment would best describe my emotions at the time i made that statement--still am; i just wasn't ready to call it "a season".

    mt. sac has been our achilles heal...we have to learn how to run it, 'cause it owned us last saturday. it didn't help not having our top runners there to help us (no fault of theirs...). it's just what happened, i guess. we'll be stronger next year, but we need to show more self-control for the future, especially in that first mile at mt. sac. :-0

    my silence these past several days was my way to decompress, if you will...to reflect on the season--a five-week long journey.

    i will blog tomorrow!...

    --coach d.

    COACH PAT--RIP

    ReplyDelete
  3. edit--of course our journey was 5 months!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem at all coach. I know we didn't do so hot at Mt. Sac. I knew it was your comment and was smiling. We will work on it.

    P.S. I know I missed the blog! I have been checking it multiple times throughout the day! :)

    Thanks for all you did coach!

    Kaitlin Fuelling

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi kaitlin...i just saw this.

    thanks for your comment and all the others over the many, many previous posts...it's took comfort knowing that you were always reading them--and never doubted it. you've been an exemplary captain!!!

    ReplyDelete