Tuesday

Teams for Mt. SAC & Practice Info.

First, I just want to say how great it was to see Holly back at practice--and running, too! The team looks forward to her safe return back to strength and for a full recovery!

The following teams have been decided for this Friday at Mt. SAC:

(Note: Because we want a strong showing from both Sophomore and JV boys, we've decided to move up the Frosh into the Soph category. By doing this, it has added depth to both teams. Therefore, we will be skipping the Frosh race. Also, it allows us to continue developing as a FS team and will prepare us for our final League Meet outing. If you're confused by this, Coach Thatcher and I will explain further our rationale behind this decision at tomorrow's practice.)

SOPH BOYS (9): Thomas, Sam, Brendan, Kane, Jonathan S., Luke, Weston, Alex and Clay

JV BOYS (10): Riley, Andrew B., Ben C., Casey, Anton, Matt O., Michael, Matt A., Matt V., and Colin

VARSITY BOYS (7): Aayush, Sean S., Jon, Adam, Andrew F., Erick and Sean L.

FROSH GIRLS (7): Michelle, Eva, Angela, Katherine, Diana, Karen, and Mackenzie

JV GIRLS (3): Nicole, Taylor and Deanna

SOPH GIRLS (4): Erica, Miriam, Terese, and Leah

VARSITY GIRLS (6): Kaitlin, Molly, Meghan, Alice, Gabrielle, and Goldie

REST (3): Holly, Jake and Kevin

Practice Information for Tomorrow, Wednesday 10-22:

I will be heading my 7-8 crew down at the park for our annual home cross country meet. Please check in with Coach Thatcher as I will not be present.


Down-Hill Technique Run--
  • Mile warm-up mile on the track (JV girls will skip this and will leave immediately to meet the rest of the team down to the halfway point.)--see map below.
  • The run--we will run together (all levels) down Linda Vista-to Salvia Canyon (down)--the run will continue south (counter-clockwise around the Rose Bowl) and will end (the halfway point of the run) at the soccer fields. This is the site for our down-hill running. Coach Thatcher will either meet you there or will run with you. (See Map)
  • 6 x 100m. down-hills--Coach Thatcher will demonstrate these.
  • Return home for stretches, core and ice.

4 comments:

  1. Hi...

    Erick's mom here... I am planning to drive to Mt Sac after 5th period on Friday if anyone needs a ride. Just let me know and don't forget your signed note from Ms. Davidson. I can take up to 5 kids.

    Mrs. L

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't think this would be allowed as the district has rules about this (i.e. issurance)...though i appreciate your offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right... I have gotten the district approval for driving in the past, but haven't renewed it for this year.

    I will plan to just take my own kid.

    What are you doing up at 4:12 am??!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, mrs. l...i know you're here to help and we appreciate it.

    and yeah, i'm an early riser...

    ReplyDelete