Friday

Varsity Long Run Tomorrow!

7am...in front of the pool!

JV can attend too, but it's optional. The thinking here, as I tried to explain at practice today, is JV might be in need of a rest. I think the Varsity has enough of a foundation from a solid 12-week Summer of distance that they will be more recovered from yesterday.

If you feel sore, you should know that this is a common side effect from racing, and it doesn't mean that you're injured. I guess we can refer to this as a "good pain"; still, you will want to go easy tomorrow so your muscles can begin the process of repair-and-rebuild from your hard racing effort.

We will be running loooooooong tomorrow...this will be the official LAST DAY of our 12-week Summer Training! Then, you get to add up all the mileage and send in your weekly totals. You may do this via email and I expect all prospective Varsity members to do this.



Varsity Boys Map

Varsity Girls Map

2 comments:

  1. Coach for girls is this the same run you want us to do? 12.8?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry 'bout that...new map's up. you can check the distance now. glad you had a good run!

    ReplyDelete