Wednesday

Race Info.

Most of the JV girls were present when we decided that we would have more communication between us. That's a promise, so let's keep the "airways" open and I'll do my best to show you that I want what's best for you.

If the JV boys feel they need equal treatment, then let's do the same. I promise you when I say that this team is not just about the Varsity. It's still early in the season and I certainly can improve on my technique as your coach. The best way to deal with me is to be forthright, upfront, communicative, expressive, transparent (that word is in the news a lot), and mostly happy with your position on this team. I never want it to be a battle between us because you were afraid to talk to me and you didn't know what was going on. The only thing I ask is you give full commitment to this team. Start, by reading this blog daily and show that you understand what's expected from you. I would also reacquaint yourselves with the rules and how they apply to attendance and racing.

One more thing, the word is out that more people than I know are cutting the workouts--and often! You can come up with the excuse that your legs are hurting, but if you do, that won't cut it--(no pun, please!)...If your legs are hurting, you tell me ahead of time, and not because you got caught! I'm a reasonable person and can cater the workout to your needs. And, by being honest and well-intentioned you stand a better chance of getting what you need (want, for that matter). As for the people cutting, I will say this: you will lose in the end--how? First, you won't get the workout you need, thus becoming a less-than-effective runner. And, second, someone will rat you out! Don't do it again if it's important for you to stay on this team!


Okay, now for tomorrow's race:

Release from class: 2pm
Bus Departure: 2:15pm

Race Schedule

JV BOYS--3:30PM
JV GIRLS--4PM
VARSITY BOYS--4:30PM
VARSITY GIRLS--4:50PM
FROSH/SOPH BOYS--5:20PM

Get proper sleep and drink the fluids before bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment