WE WILL BE RUNNING ON CAMPUS: 6 X 1/2-MILES...
1. Jog a mile on the track.
2. Stretch as a team on the track.
3. Go over to the Baseball Field and run the 1/2 mile course to learn it.
4. 4 Striders (50 yds.) to prepare for the faster pace.
5. The Workout Details

Between each repeat you will get a 3-4 minute rest interval--walk to the left field fence and return to the start.
VB--2:30-2:45 (5-5:30 min. mile pace)--6 repeats
VG--3:10-3:30 (6:20-7 min. mile pace)--6 repeats
JV/FS Boys--3:15-3:45 (6:30-7:30 min. mile pace)--5 repeats
JV Girls--4:30 (sub 5)-- 9 minute mile pace (go under 10-minutes per mile pace)--3-4 repeats.
Yes, I had a mild meltdown today. Don't worry, it has passed along with the first week of school. So, I apologize to 90 percent of you who had to sit through my slight tirade; still, it was the little things I observed that got to me today that wouldn't have under normal circumstances. Seriously, though, it's the 10 percent of the team who can bring our sport down. I still meant what I said today when I said we need to bring more respect back to the sport. We've come so far over the past 10 weeks to just throw it away because we can't seem to manage our busy schedules. If you want it bad enough, it can happen. I want to thank Riley who came to me expressing his need to alter his workout due to his ailing feet. His actions show a maturity that I'm hoping more of you can match. It's the communication that I need and feel is important. Maintaining this daily blog should be obvious to you that I value communication and feel is a key component to being successful. I know Riley will benefit from speaking to me. Be proactive and you will get the returns you need. I want you to know that I'm not out here to dictate what you have to do; rather, I'm giving you the work that I feel you need to get better. Again, the majority of you are following the plan to a-t!--so I thank you for it.
Now for the less lecture-y stuff:
We are quickly approaching our first race with less than a week away. I hope everyone has had a chance to check the schedule for the season. You can find it in the index of this blog. I will be giving more information in detail over the weekend--so stay in touch. Just so you know, we will be getting our uniforms next by Tuesday, in time for the race. Some of you have requested obtaining Duffel bags. I will look into the cost for that. So, yes, you will have to pay for it.
Who's on the Varsity Squad?--It's definitely not a given. Over the weekend, your coaches will make the final decision about who should be on that top-seven squad (boys and girls) for the All-City meet on Thursday. Our decision will be made by Tuesday, next week. Obviously, your attendance will impact our decision. Also, your work ethic (running how you should be RUNNING), punctuality (By the way, I was late today-for me-but still on time), your general attitude and your respect for our sport goes a long way and will be factored into our decision.
No comments:
Post a Comment