Monday

After School Practice Information for Tuesday, 9-2

Welcome Back to School!

We're on DyestatCal!!!

I'm thrilled at the prospect of beginning the new 2008 Fall Season for our great sport of cross country! Judging from the camp particpants, I know many of you share my feelings. I hope the rest of you will feel the same!

Below you will find general information, our week's mileage, as well as specific details about tomorrow's (Tuesday) practice. I will continue to post the daily practice information on this blog, the night before, so that you know what to expect, can preview the map of the run, and/or can mentally prepare for it.

General Stuff you should know:

1. Practice Begins on the track @ 3:15pm. The new time (15 more minutes) will allow me to get there on-time due to some of my students who like to linger. I'm sure others, who typically come late, will also appreciate the later time. I will record those who arrive late beginning tomorrow! Practice will be over at 5pm, or when the coaches release you. We will do our best to not go beyond 5pm.

2. The p.e. locker rooms will be open for both boys and girls. I know that you like to keep your bags near the small bungalow classroom on the track, but this could be an easy target for theft. It's up to you.

3. Don't forget to jog your mile warm-up once you enter the track. Please don't wait for me to tell you to do this and don't wait for the late people to get started, because I won't.

4. Check in to make sure you have been marked "present" on the attendance sheet. I may overlook you. Again, you need to do this on your own.

5. Bring your pink slip to me if you haven't done so already. You will not be allowed to practice until you have this completed.

6. If you want a T-shirt, please bring money ($10). There are a few of you who have not picked up your paid t-shirts. I have a record of those who have paid and of those who have received their shirts. We only have a few more but I can order additional shirts if there's still a demand.

7. We finish all our practices on the track with stretching, strides and core exercises. Some of you will be using the ice baths when we have access to it. Only the varsity (and those who have varsity potential) will be heading to the weight room on Thursday after the practice (Sept. 4).

8. Read the blog daily!!


Boys Varsity--This Week's Mileage: 55
monday--easy and flat--6-8
tuesday--9--hill repeats
wednesday--5--flat
thursday--a.m. (on your own--3 miles)...p.m. long run--10 miler
friday--7.5 flat/tempo (20 minutes in middle between miles 2-5)
saturday--long run--12 miles
sunday--rest

Tuesday Practice Information (total mileage--9)--Hill Repeats (our first workout!)

Give or take a minute or two, here's how long things should take:
3:15-3:25--Mile warm-up (if you are slower than 10 minutes for the mile, you should begin earlier than 3:15pm.)
3:25-3:30--Quick meeting (no talking--if you interrupt, you will be running an extra warm-up lap!)
3:30-3:50--run down to the base of the hill--Salvia Canyon
3:50-4:15--Hill Repeats (6 x .25 mile) Varsity Girls will run 4, JV/FS Boys will run 4 and JV girls will run 3.
4:15-4:35pm--run back to school the same way.
4:35-5pm--typical post-run stuff: i.e. strides, stretching, and core exercises.
5-??--Go home and eat properly (within the first half hour), drink fluids, and get to bed at a reasonable hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment