Monday

Practice for Tuesday, June 24

First off, I would like to congratulate all those who participated in today's first practice of the summer. I am quite impressed by the team's display of enthusiasm as well as the overall sincere effort made by all. I'm also pleasantly surprised to see that as a whole, we are not in as bad a shape as I had feared.

Now, I realize that some of you may feel like "what have I gotten myself into!" after today's outing. Perhaps it's more running than you've ever done in your life. Well guess what? Tomorrow's easier! It's all in the plan. We rest, we work hard, we back off, we ease back into it, and hit it hard again...and then the cycle repeats itself.

Here's the map for tomorrow's run based on a 3-mile Varsity distance. The other groups (JV Boys, V girls, JV Girls) will want to make the adjustments based on the 90, 80, 70 percentages. So, that means the shortest group goes a little over two miles. (2.1 to be exact)...sounds good, huh?

Basically you will be doing a lap around the dam and finish it up with one lap around the track. Check the link below...copy and paste into your browser.

Those of you who will be going shorter, find your halfway mark and double back.

http://www.runningmap.com?id=57764

Remember, start time tomorrow is 6 am sharp! The total workout may only last an hour or so...Let your rides know!

As soon as you enter the track, jog a slow mile and then sign in...after, light stretching takes place and you'll then want to wait for Coach Thatcher to send you off. You'll return with similar exercises to finish our practice as was done tonight. Good luck and check back here to find details about Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment