Sunday

SGV Challenge Highlights/Girls' #17 Week-At-A-Glance

Be sure to check out more pictures from the meet over in the index section to the right--there are 170 photos!!!

Great racing on Saturday with an extra opportunity to get a look at a very tricky course. Running smart is the key to successful running at Mt. SAC--it's all about that first mile baby.

And I heard too many times yesterday: "But I felt great that first mile, Coach..."

...uh, yeah you did...wanna know why?

CUZ IT'S FLAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh, people...seriously, the hills aren't that long, but when you burn that 1st mile too fast, those short hills feel like eternity. I believe I nearly caught everyone's first mile mark, and I could predict who would falter based on who ignored their pacing. But you know what, most of you ran SMART!!! But if you did pay the price on the switchbacks, that's okay...this is why we ran here. Besides, you get another crack at it in 2 weeks!!

Now for the highlights:


  • Varsity Boys--1st place Division 2 and 3rd place overall.
  • Varsity Girls--2nd place Division 2 and 7th place (6th if you add in Goldie) overall.
  • Individual Champion--Brendan Greene, Sophomore Race.
  • Top-10 Varsity Medals--Holly (6th), Meghan (2nd), Aayush (4th), Johnny (3rd), Erick (2nd), Diana (9th), Kevin (2nd)
  • Top-30 Medals--Goldie (7th), Luke (5th), Matt (6th), Joao (11th), Ben (22nd), Clay (23rd), Brandon (9th), Caroline (15th) , Katherine Z. (26th), Karen (21st), Brendan (1st) Jonah (11th), Jonathan (20th)

GIRLS' 17TH WEEK-AT-A-GLANCE!


First, I should let you know now that I will be absent for two of your days this week. Tomorrow, I have to visit with both of my sons' teachers for Parent/Teacher conference in the afternoon. Then, on Friday, I take the 7/8 team to MT. SAC on the 16th of October.

So, here's your week's mileage:
49/33

M--10/8-Easy
T--Varsity AM (3); 7/6-Medium Pace w/ Hill
W--Pre-Race-4/3
Th--RHL #2 RACE 6/5
F--6/5-Easy
Sa--TEMPO--8/6(w/ Coach)
Su--5 (varsity only)

Tomorrow's Map--Please be sure to leave right away. Get on the road by 3:10pm so you can get back in time to stretch/core/ice!!!!












2 comments: