Monday

Girls: Tuesday Run Information

Varsity Girls AM--don't run if it rains!!!

PM: If it rains, I want all the girls to meet me in Mr. Gilliland's room (102).

WE WILL RUN RAIN OR SHINE
(I will run with you since my 7/8 practice will have been canceled.)...Please bring your rain jackets and hats for the run and dry clothes for after the run--we will meet in the all-purpose room to stretch after the run.


Just so you know why we're doing what we're doing this week--

I decided against anything controlled (i.e. hill repeats and tempo) or something that potentially could be too hard due to the fact that we just came off of a hard race effort and because we race mid-week. We still get the benefits from doing the long run today (something we need weekly) and two races within a 7-day period (Saturday and Thursday). To add an extra tempo or intervals between two races could lead us to injury because of fatigue, so I decided against those workouts. Anyway, you will get a good variety with today and tomorrow's hill run--not to mention the tempo on Saturday.

So, here's our run for tomorrow:

Art Center Run plus Sacred Heart: Do not push the hill or expect to hit any specific time. In fact, I wouldn't even bring your watch since you might be tempted to run harder than you should.

JV will just do Art Center and Figueroa, Chevy Chase to Highland...

SO LEAVE YOUR WATCHES BEHIND!!!

Oh, and I forgot to add, I can't be there until after my 7/8 workout. Sorry, but it's just one of those weeks.

I'll be there for your strides, core and ice.

3 comments:

  1. Hey everyone make sure to start bringing sweats to practice. Being cold after a wet OR dry run isn't good for the body and you could potentially get sick...which isn't fun. So just remember to bring sweats and maybe an extra shirt in case it does rain and you get wet. You'll be grateful after the run :)
    good job today! Let's rock league this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is practice still on in the morning for the boys if it is raining?

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, erick, i would guess yes. we're kind of like the postman--we deliver. :)

    ReplyDelete