Wednesday

Practice for Thursday, July 3rd...and my absence



First, I just want to let everyone know that after tomorrow's practice, we will not meet again as a team and with the coaches until next Monday, July 7th. Information for that practice will be posted in typical fashion, on the night before.

Seeing that many of us have weekend plans (myself included--I plan to race in Santa Barbara on Friday the 4th, and I won't be home until Saturday evening.) Coach Thatcher and I have decided to "let you off the hook" for the next couple of days. However, we fully expect you to train on your own during this time. Just because we aren't meeting as a team, doesn't mean we're telling you to stop running.

What to do:
If you look to the left of this post, you should be able to locate Important Links--find the 500-mile goal sheet. This is the one we've been using. Remember to use the total and take a percentage of that to fit your own mileage.

Tomorrow's Practice Details:
I know you are probably tired from today's outing, so tomorrow's distance will be a nice recovery. This is a repeat from last Thursday. Please show up on the track first to do your mile warm-up. Here's the map!

Enjoy the easy run and have a great few days off...well, you know, it's Independence weekend, right? :)

2 comments:

  1. Mr. DiConti-
    I have an infection in my big toe on my right foot (the nail has fallen off and it's oozing and bleeding), and five blisters on different places on the same foot. Two of them are on the bottom of my foot, and they are all becoming infected, making my entire foot swollen and painful. I have tried to stick it out for the last few practices by just gritting my teeth and running, but it has gotten so bad that I can barely walk on my right foot, let alone run. Because of this, I will unfortunately not be able to come to practices for a while. I am sorry for not making it. Until I come back, do you have any tips for staying in shape while I'm not coming to practice?
    Thanks!
    -Katya

    ReplyDelete
  2. couple things, katya...blisters can be a problem but you can avoid these by doing the following: use breathable socks...special non-cotton running socks. also, your shoes may be the wrong size, either too small or too large. i will link the following article that address the above points.

    http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-241-285--12
    475-0,00.html

    if you are going to take some time off then you might consider finding a pool to do some running. they have running vests specifically for the water(sport chalet) that allow you to simulate your running stride. spend a half-hour each day if you can. believe it or not, you can get a pretty good workout that can make up your absence away from running. see link below...good luck, katya!

    http://www.time-to-run.com/training/water-running/water.htm

    ReplyDelete