Sunday

Week #11 At-A-Glance

Tomorrow, August 30th, marks the first week of school. That means the girls will begin their first afternoon practice at 3:15pm sharp! Everyday thereafter we will continue with that schedule including our 6am Saturday practices (unless there's a cross country meet).

You will be expected to stay until 5pm unless you are dismissed earlier (and in some rare cases a few minutes after). Please make sure to sign the Handbook sheet at the end of the 8-pager and return it to your coach by tomorrow. 

No pink slip means no practicing with the team, which also counts as an absence. 


Reminder for Girls: A select few will be required to run a 1-mile time trial this Thursday. I have decided to do this because I am concerned about the safety of my runners. Because I don't have an assistant, I cannot be in the back of the pack to "sweep" the runners who are not fit enough to stay up with the back of the pack. The time trial will prove to me whether these runners should or shouldn't be allowed to go out on a road run with the rest of the team. I will speak to these people on Tuesday. Those who will be selected are those whom have not been to practice all summer long, those whom have been to practice only on an occasional basis, or those whose fitness is questionable due to the walking I have observed more than once. If these time-trialers can run faster than 8:15 for one mile, then they will be able to run out on the roads with the rest of the team and I will feel more at-ease. However, if they cannot meet this standard, they will be given separate running tasks that will take place on campus.

Every Sunday, you can expect a Week-At-A-Glance for both girls and boys posted before 7pm.

Week-At-A-Glance #11

Girls' 


Boys'

Mon & Sat 6AM
Tues, Thurs, Fri AM (opt) 6AM
Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri PM  3:15PM

No comments:

Post a Comment