Friday

Saturday's workout

The following runners need to be there for this workout if they would like to travel with the team for the rest of the season.

Adam
Andrew F
Erick
Johnny
Anton
Brendan
Thomas
Jonah
Brandon
Luke
Andrew B
(Aayush has the SAT at 8AM and Kevin is out of town looking at colleges, everyone else should be there.)

Here's the workout:

2 X 11 minutes of fartlek (30 sec fast /40 sec easy). warm up 2.5 miles and cool down 2 miles.

Meet at the pool at 7:20AM. And leave right at 7:30AM. Please try to get to bed friday night as if you had to get up to run Saturday morning at 6AM. I want you to get that extra hour of sleep!!!

Instructions/ Map:

Warm- up down Linda Vista to the bottom of Salvia Canyon. Stop and stretch/ do a couple strides, then begin the workout with the first 11:00 minutes counter clockwise. You should finish before you reach killer hill. When you hit 11 minutes (after your 10th 30 second interval) keep jogging up towards Johnsons Rock. Try to meet at the top of the dam and regroup. Then do the next 11 minute set along the dirt roads surrounding and north of Johnsons rock. The 30 seconds should be right around race pace. Take turns taking the lead. Try and stick together. If you feel good at the end and want to speed up a bit, only speed up the last 5 minutes of the second set. this is more about pace than speed.

first group:
Adam
Andrew F
Erick
Johnny

second group:

Thomas
Jonah
Brandon
Luke
Andrew B

Brendan and Anton, you can chose what group to run with. You can even move up or down a group depending on how you feel during the workout.

I wish I could be there with you, but I'm out of town for an audition. Feel free to call or email if you have any questions or concerns. Have a great morning and work on running together as a team. That habit will take us deep into November!!!





2 comments:

  1. Hi Coach Mike,
    It's Brandon. Sorry, I missed the practice this morning. I did not know that I was an alternate until this afternoon. I would like to be an alternate. Can I still practice with the team?
    Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  2. brandon, i can't answer for coach thatcher about this, but checking the blog the night before is a great way to get information--we've been doing this 5 months now!

    ReplyDelete