Hopefully you ran smart today by running super slow. The recovery today was necessary for... well, recovering from yesterday's hard effort; and, it sets us up nicely for tomorrow's harder effort.
Tomorrow's First Tempo Of The Year. (A Comfortably Hard Effort)
We have never done this (I believe the first one was supposed to have happened during the Station Fire days, but we wisely had to scrap it.), so I will attempt to explain it further on down the post.
We will first run a warm-up 2-miler (not on the track), but en-route to our tempo destination...see Map. Do this at a relaxed pace--much like how you ran today. We will then stop for 7 minutes to stretch well and add a few strides to get the muscles ready.
The lap around Meadow Grove is approximately 3/4 of a mile. We will do laps until we finish the 20-minute tempo. THIS IS NOT A RACE...!! I will pace the varsity front runners, but the rest should follow in line. The front runners will run around 7-minute/mile pace and will nearly complete 4 laps (3 miles)...JV girls should complete between 2.5-3.5 laps.
Instead of my re-explaining it, please go back to an earlier post so you know what to expect and understand how the effort should feel for this workout. (A Comfortably Hard Effort)
Hey guys, this is Seth Amitin with the Valley Sun. I've been trying to get in contact with you two (DiConti and Thatcher), if you could email me at sethamitin@gmail.com, I'd appreciate it.
ReplyDeleteWarmly,
Seth