Practice Details:
Come out to the track. Be there by 6am. Captains should take roll/attendance check.
Warm up 1 mile(4 laps around the track) easy--really easy--about 9-12 minutes.
Light stretching...5 minutes
Here's the map of the 3-mile run to be run by the veteran varsity runners. Go easy! Remember you have a long one on Wednesday.
For the rest of you, plan to go out the same way, but cut it short...
Middle group: go out 10 minutes and turn around. Do you have a watch? Get one now!
Lower group: go out 10 minutes (slower pace than the middle group) and turn around.
Come back to the track and walk a lap or two.
Captains will lead you with strides (4) and stretching and core exercises (including sit-ups and push-ups.)
So, who are the captains?--At the moment: John W., Gabrielle B. and Holly S.
When you get home, be sure to record to your log.
Please email me your questions, comments, concerns, requests, requirements, complaints, issues, etc...seriously, if you need help with anything, let the coaches know. I'm coaching one-way right now and could really use the feedback from you guys.
adiconti@gmail.com
Thanks...and hoping that people will be showing up to the practices.
Caution: The following material below could cause inspiration.
How many of you were born to run? Even with more than 30 years of it, I'm not sure I was. How 'bout these people?
Everything sounds pretty good, I think a bunch of people will show up for the next two weeks so no worries
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDelete100m strides?
ReplyDelete