Wednesday

Practice for Thursday, July 10

Easy run; Distance=3.5 miles

Please look at the map and adjust it to your distance. We ran this last week. If you'd prefer the same run as Tuesday, then go for it. If you are not on varsity, you shouldn't attempt the distances that I show on these posts. I expect you to make those adjustments that are recommended depending on your fitness level. Don't forget to keep adjusting the mileages based on the percentages: 90, 80, 70...of the total. That means the JV girls will only run 2.5 miles. Also, please find someone who knows the run and can help guide you along. Since it's an easy run, please try to group together in your respective levels. No one should be on their own. Begin running as a team!

Many of you are not turning in your mileage sheets. Coach Thatcher and I need these so we can assess you properly when the time comes. Without your input (and your mileage), we cannot help you adequately. Knowing how much you're running will allow us to fine tune your future workouts. If you're not running enough then we'll know that you're not ready for the hard stuff that we'll be doing in August.

Announcements:

#1--Kaitlin and her parents have invited us to a pancake breakfast at their home after Saturday's practice. I believe Kaitlin will be giving you more information about this either tomorrow or Friday...(unless she has already done this without my knowledge.). In any case, it would be nice to see most of you present for the event.

#2--I plan to head out to College of the Canyons tomorrow evening for the start of their Cross Country Summer Race Series. If anyone is interested in coming, I can take 3 or 4 people. If there are more, we can still meet at the school and caravan out there together. Email me if you have an interest. You should still show up to tomorrow's practice but you might want to run extra slowly if you plan to race. We would be leaving LCHS at around 5:30pm. The 3-mile race goes off at 7pm. See the link for more details.

I think this would be a great way to get you back into a competitive mind-set. But more importantly, it would be a fun diversion away from our regular practice context, and a way to gather socially. Please let me know tonight or in the morning via email!

2 comments: