Parent meeting is on Monday, June 1st @ 6pm in the IRC.
Season Introductory Meeting for our team is on Tuesday, June 2nd @ 3pm held in room 722.
Coach Mike wanted me to publish the comment he left after this post--in case it got away from you. We would like others to comment or at least email us if you read this post. Thanks. Here are Coach Mike's comments:
When I watch this video, I see the face of Canyon, Skaggs, Greene, Whitefield, Cwik, Wu, Bentz, Hoffman, Leddie,Tourani, Doty, Shah, Lankey, Orr, Meehan, Clairday, Finch, Fisher, Skaggs, Lee, Matthews, Chung, Lafia, Labran, Hulsey, Arkfled, Dorman and the other guys they bring out this summer that will do the mileage and take this team to new heights.
And if it were a girls video, I'd see Tran, Badie, Michel, Wong, Berjikian, Zimmerman, Fuelling, Beesley, Wetzel, Tran, Pinski, Shreckengast, Thompson, Winnaman, Moore, Rutkowski, Froidevaux, Fuhrmann, Frandsen, Young, Thompson, and all the other girls they bring with them this summer.
Last night I ordered 74 new uniforms. I'd love to have to order more by the end of the summer!
2009. The sky is the limit Spartans. But this season truly is in your hands. I spoke with a friend who heads a small but successful HS girls team. He had to beg his girls to take a week off after track. Beg them!! If we all take a month and a half off, we will end our summer training where our league and CIF competition began theirs. CDM and Barstow don't have some magic saltwater or special cactus juice they drink to make them fast. They don't do a special dance to the God of fast waves or roadrunners. They just train. Year round. They take a long enough break to recover from the last season and a short enough break not to lose all the shape they just got from their previous season. It doesn't take much, just get out there and run! Be ready to go and not just ready to think about starting. All the planning and dreaming about racing in mid November means nothing without the simple act of lacing up your shoes in late May/ early June and hitting the roads. The 2009 season approaches Spartans, and it's in your hands.
See you all on the trails!
30 years ago
Below is a news clipping of my team from 1979. We placed 2nd in CIF with the 2nd fastest team time for all CIF. Also, you'll find the race film from that day (original super 8) that I uploaded to Youtube (excuse the low quality).
When I watch this video, I see the face of Canyon, Skaggs, Greene, Whitefield, Cwik, Wu, Bentz, Hoffman, Leddie,Tourani, Doty, Shah, Lankey, Orr, Meehan, Clairday, Finch, Fisher, Skaggs, Lee, Matthews, Chung, Lafia, Labran, Hulsey, Arkfled, Dorman and the other guys they bring out this summer that will do the mileage and take this team to new heights.
ReplyDeleteAnd if it were a girls video, I'd see Tran, Badie, Michel, Wong, Berjikian, Zimmerman, Fuelling, Beesley, Wetzel, Tran, Pinski, Shreckengast, Thompson, Winnaman, Moore, Rutkowski, Froidevaux, Fuhrmann, Frandsen, Young, Thompson, and all the other girls they bring with them this summer.
Last night I ordered 74 new uniforms. I'd love to have to order more by the end of the summer!
2009. The sky is the limit Spartans. But this season truly is in your hands. I spoke with a friend who heads a small but successful HS girls team. He had to beg his girls to take a week off after track. Beg them!! If we all take a month and a half off, we will end our summer training where our league and CIF competition began theirs. CDM and Barstow don't have some magic saltwater or special cactus juice they drink to make them fast. They don't do a special dance to the God of fast waves or roadrunners. They just train. Year round. They take a long enough break to recover from the last season and a short enough break not to lose all the shape they just got from their previous season. It doesn't take much, just get out there and run! Be ready to go and not just ready to think about starting. All the planning and dreaming about racing in mid November means nothing without the simple act of lacing up your shoes in late May/ early June and hitting the roads. The 2009 season approaches Spartans, and it's in your hands.
See you all on the trails!